These services are provided under the direction of the Hospice Physician who will oversee and approve the patient’s Plan of Care.?
- Skilled Nursing where the Hospice RN serves as the patient’s Case Manager. The Nurse will be responsible for the patient’s physical comfort, offer medical assessments, and develop plans that maximize a patient’s care.
- Medical Social Work where the Hospice Social Worker supports the patient and their families. They can assist in financial concerns, emotional support, information of advanced directives, and counseling.
- A Chaplain provides spiritual support to all patients and family members requesting such support. The Hospice Chaplain can serve as a connection between the patient/family and their personal house of worship.
- Hospice Aide who works under the supervision of the Hospice RN, provides assistance with the patient’s personal care.
- Therapy Services such as Speech, Physical and Occupational Therapists will be utilized as needed to improve the patient’s quality of life.
- Bereavement Counseling will be offered to family members as well as community members dealing with loss.
- Volunteer Services provide companionship, respite, emotional support and offer help in many different ways.